Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Water

My mother has turned me on to flavoured water.

She gave me some sprigs of lavender and mint from her garden to put into a jug with water. It's so refreshing and smells lovely whenever I take a sip. Before the lavender I tried pear slices and ginger and next I'll try mint and lemon.

This has inspired me to grow some edibles in my own garden. I kind of left the garden to go to seed this year because I simply don't have the time. Or rather I can't put the baby down for any significant amount of time to pull the weeds. Next spring should be easier so it will be a project to look forward to.

Lavender is one of those plants that I forget about until I get a whiff of it and remember again just how lovely it smells. MMMMmmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I have mint, but not lavender in my garden. Perhaps I shall try and acquire some lavender and try this water business. Normally I just slice lemon and put it in my brita jug with the water. I had never thought about lavender. I'm very happy you posted about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat,

    Glad the water post was useful. I always forget that other people might be reading this blog and am always delighted to get comments!

    I've only ever added lemon too, but lavender really is tasty. Lavender also has beneficial health qualities like helping to relieve stress.

    Here are two other combinations that my mom gave me if you're interested in experimenting:

    . pineapple + ginger + lemon
    . cucumber + mint + (or) watermelon

    ReplyDelete