Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bounce!

Claire made me laugh out loud yesterday.

We were sitting on the living room couch together and I propped her up so her legs were under her and her belly was against the back cushion. This helps her practice putting some weight on her legs, and if she lifts herself high enough she can peek out the window to the street to do some people watching.

Once she was in position she pumped her legs a few times to bounce herself on the cushion, then looked at me with a big gummy grin. Too cute! Then she turned around again and bounced herself on the cushion then looked at me again with a big gummy smile. This time I laughed. Then she turned around AGAIN and bounced herself on the cushion then looked at me again with a big gummy smile.

Now it was downright hilarious. She caught on pretty quick that I was finding her bouncing funny so she kept up the same routine for several minutes. Bounce, turn, smile, bounce, turn, smile, bounce, turn,  smile, bounce, turn, smile....

What made it so funny was turning her head to look at me after each bounce to see my reaction. She always smiles when I get close to pick her up or when we're tumbling around in play, but this was such a deliberate cause and effect interaction.

Maybe she'll be a comedian when she grows up. Who knows, but for now I'm looking forward to more laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment