Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When all else fails, eat cheese

On the lunch menu today at daycare were egg sandwiches. I'm told that Lauren took 2 bites then refused the rest. I'm not surprised. Actually I'm surprised she even tried it at all.

Her disdain for egg goes back a long way. One day when she was just old enough to eat egg yolk I carefully separated it from the white and mashed it up into a paste and fed it to her. She spat it out. On the next try I mixed it with one of her favourite purees. She spat it out. On the next try I simply crumbled the yolk so she could finger it and feed herself.  She mashed it into the feeding tray.

I gave egg a rest for a while, but one day thought that scrambled might be more appealing. She looked at it as if it was some nasty alien concoction then turned her head away.

Nowadays when I'm home and making lunch she'll ask, "We're not having egg?", which is her roundabout way of telling me that she really doesn't approve. Similar to, "We're not washing my hair?" Or, "I'm not going to bed?" Frankly, sometimes I think she's a little paranoid that the eggs are out to get her.

So today for lunch, Lauren did not eat her egg sandwich. BUT, she did eat a lot of cheese and some mango and strawberry. Hurray for little victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment