Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My favourite food

Well, this is a first. From the mouth of a toddler that doesn't care much about eating unless it's pasta or cereal, while eating lunch today came the words, "Mmmmmm... my favourite food!" followed by "I love to eat!" Of course she was eating meatballs, which I suppose is one of her favourite things to eat aside from pasta and cereal.

I took a chance on something new and bought some chicken noodle soup while out grocery shopping. I thought it might help with her cough and sniffles. Later at dinner I just served up a little bit and low and behold she took a bite and liked it - Eureka!! I have a suspicion that she eats noodle soup at daycare because she was pretty keen when I mentioned earlier that we were having it for dinner.

True to form, however, she spat out the celery and picked out the lumps of chicken and carrot. Ah well...

2 comments:

  1. I hate celery in soup! It gets all soggy and gross. I approve of her celery removal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat - I'm not a fan of soggy celery and carrot either, but don't tell that to Lauren!

    ReplyDelete