Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Drum roll please... zuccini cookies!

I finally got around to making this zuccini cookie recipe that I first spotted in Today's Parent.

Getting Lauren to eat vegetables is a challenge, so I'm always on the lookout for variations on the traditional ways of serving them up. And I love cookies, no matter what they're made from, so I couldn't resist giving it a try.
 
I substituted the sugar with 3 tbsp of maple syrup and raisins for chocolate chips. When all ingredients were combined the batter was a bit more gloopey than expected, but they firmed up into nicely shaped chewy cookies after a few minutes of baking.

I offered one to Lauren today and... drum roll please... she liked it! She actually liked it! I was half expecting her to spit it out and hand it back to me, but she asked for more!

This recipe is a definite keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment