Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Toronto FUN

Tomorrow morning at 7am is the start of registration for fall recreation for the Etobicoke York district.

I've been nervous about it for weeks as I hear that getting into classes is very competitive. It is the community centre after all, so the price is right and it's a good place to test out different activities before investing more serious time and money.

A few years ago I tried to get Lauren into a swim class, but got the date wrong and called too early. When the right day came along I called an hour after the start time and EVERYTHING was full. I got onto a few wait lists, but never heard back of course.

Lauren has been anxious to try out a dance class for close to a year now, so the pressure is on.

I've marked off a few possible classes and will set the alarm at the crack of early to get ready. I'll have phone in one hand and will be working the mouse with the other. I've heard a rumor that some people line up as early as 4am to register in person. It's this sort of thing that makes parents crazy, I tell ya.

The classes I chose are mid week immediately after kindergarten lets out so hopefully that will improve chances of getting a spot. I won't even try for the Saturday classes as those are likely the busiest. Classes available for the 3-5 years old age group are early in the morning, and quite frankly I'd rather sleep in!

So, best of luck to me that it will work out. If not, well, we'll be making up our own dance class at home until next registration time comes around.


5 comments:

  1. Four AM?!? Geez. That sounds crazy! Recreation really shouldn't be this stressful or competitive. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7:10am right now and the online and phone registration systems have been jammed since 7:02. This is going to be a long morning...

      Delete
    2. 7:39am: Tiny Tot Jazz registered and paid for. Let the dancing begin!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo for Tiny Tot Jazz! I had to come back and check on this because I was so stressed for you! ha!

    ReplyDelete