Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The tooth is out there!

A tooth! A tooth!

What I was feeling the other night was in fact the tip of a tooth. I felt around Claire's mouth yesterday morning and the sharp nub was poking out a bit more. I got her mouth open just enough to see a bit of white showing.

This is a big milestone for Claire, and a little bitter sweet for me. As she grows and develops new skills she's becoming less of a baby and more into herself. That sounds obvious and weird, but what I mean is that all those precious and particular baby moments only last so long.

I saw a commercial a few weeks ago about some baby product, and one of the lines that resonated with me was "Your child is yours forever, but they're only a baby for a year."

It's so true. Once the teeth come in, there are no more gummy drooly smiles, once they can stand and walk, they become a toddler, and once they start talking, well, they don't stop!

I love every minute of watching Claire grow, but I will savour every minute of these last few months of babyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment