Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Key lime pie

For some reason that I cannot explain, I have been wanting to make key lime pie for a very long time. Long as in years.

I mentioned this desire to C ealier in the summer to which he replied, "Have you even had key lime pie?" "No",  I said. "You should probably try some before you try making it". "Hmm, good point" I said.

And as if the baking fairies were listening, just a few days after that while at lunch at my sister's house, she pulled out a frozen President's Choice key lime pie for dessert! And it was good!

That was months ago, and it has taken until today for me to get around to baking it. I stumbled on a recipe recently and took it as a final nudge to get cracking.

I just pulled it out of the oven and am waiting for it to cool before putting it into the fridge for the required 3 hour cool down. So far it looks and smells ok, just have to wait another 3 hours to know if it tastes ok.

3 hours later....

Mmmm....good!! It's not the most pretty thing I've baked, but it's tasty! A touch on the tart side, but served with whip cream (as recommended in the recipe) and it would be prefect. I'll definitely try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment