Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

St. Clair Av W stinks

Let me be specific. St. Clair Av W stinks between Oakwood and Vaughan on Thurdays mornings at 7:20am.

Thursday morning is organics and garbage/recycling pick-up day on this stretch of road, and during the 4 months that I have been riding my bike it has yet to fail that there puddles of rotten food juice splashed on the pavement and stench wafting in the air. It's even worse on really warm mornings.

I feel for the apartment dwellers. How horrible it must be to wake up to. Come to think of it, it never smelled like this when C & I were living on St. Clair. Interesting...

I wish there was an alternate route I could take, but no other makes sense. Riding the off streets would add considerable extra time to what is already a longish ride. As it is now I just take short breaths and zoom thru the stink zone as quick as my legs can take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment