Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BMW

Saw a nice display of luxury cars on the road today coming home from work. It's typical for the Forest Hill hood but there seemed to be more about than usual today. They reminded me of the MBW I spotted on my ride this morning which reminded me of "BMW".

I haven't thought of the expression in a long time, but it made me smile this morning. In Montreal, people (at least some people know) would say that they're taking the "BMW" to get to a particular destination. Sounds fancy doesn't it? But, "BMW" is the short form of Bus Metro Walk. Ha ha. Get it?! It's corny but deserving of a chuckle.

BMW doesn't make much sense in a city like T.O. where the metro equivalent is subway. Hmmm, "BSW". No, that doesn't work.

Anyway, a BMW (the 4 wheeled kind) would be nice, but for now I'm happy with the two wheels I've got. My bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment