Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mango surprise

I had a brief moment of delight and surprise at breakfast this morning. Pancakes are a weekend treat that we enjoy and that Lauren loves, so she was delighted to dig in even after finishing a bowl of cereal a short time before.

I like to serve some fruit on the side just to add a bit of goodness to the meal. Plus, fruit tastes great drizzled in syrup. Lauren typically eats her pancakes "sans fruit", but today she lifted her shirt at the table and declared "My tummy wants mango!"

I typically discourage belly showing at the table, but for Lauren to ask for fruit just never happens, unless it's banana and she's reeeaaallllllyy hungry and it's in plain view. So I was surprised to hear her make this request. And delighted!

"Your belly wants mango?!" I said.

"Yeah!" She said.

So I put a lovely little piece of mango on her plate.

"No, I don't want it!" she said.

"But your belly just asked for it." I said.

"No, I don't want it."

And there you have it. The moment was gone. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment