Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Namaste

The signs are out there and calling to me.

Yesterday I found a postcard in the mailbox for the Mindful BodyWorks yoga studio. They opened up just last week and are located down the street. Literally a 2 minute walk from my front door.

I've been meaning to try yoga for a few years now. I did try one hour long class at the Y once about 12 or 13 years ago when a friend invited me along as a guest. It was waaaay harder than I thought it would be because I knew nothing about yoga, just that it involved stretching and meditation which I assumed would be easy. I was in a lot of pain the next day and haven't tried again since.

My attitude towards yoga has come a long way in those 12 or 13 years and I'm ready to give it another go. Cycling is great, as is the "exercise" I get from climbing the stairs in my house and lifting my children, but I'm looking for a more well rounded mind/body workout. I even bought C a yoga DVD for his birthday with the intention of borrowing it. Ok, so his birthday was in July and I haven't yet watched it, but I intend to really soon!

It's a brand new year, time to try new things right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment