Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dude, what's wrong with my car?

It's been over a week since the mechanic tinkered with Sally's idle, and the battery and handbrake lights are still blinking. Yesterday I started hearing a tinny clunking  sound whenever I applied the brakes, like a piece of metal from the underside had come loose and was flapping a round.

Family and friends suggest we sell, and we're starting to lean that way too.

In a last  ditch effort to find the cause of the original issue (and to see if we can keep the car running until we get around to selling), C and I have arranged to leave it in the garage parking lot tomorrow overnight. The mechanic will start it himself on Monday and see the lights in action. I'm curious to see if the battery is anywhere near dead by now.

1 comment:

  1. Update...

    $562.08 for a new alternator. Boo... :(

    But the lights don't come on anymore!

    ReplyDelete