Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Countdown to 1

I just noticed the date on the calendar and realized that Claire is eleven months old today, yay!

Where the time has gone, I have no idea. A neighbour with 3 kids once mentioned that time goes by even faster the more kids you have. Knowing that, C and I are pretty sure we're good with just the 2 we have. We've hit our speed limit!

I've been meaning to write down the things that Claire is interested in - scratch that - FASCINATED with these days. Here goes:

- The remote control for the TV. Always the one we use, not the remote that we don't use that we took the batteries out of for her to play with.

- My cell phone. Always the one that I use, not the one that I don't use that I took the batteries out of for her to play with.

- Car and house keys

- The refrigerator when it's open. She will come to it in a heartbeat like a cat to a freshly opened can of tuna. She has climbed inside twice already. For real.

- The dishwasher when it's open. She will come to it, grab the utensils, and toss them onto the ground.

- Lauren's toys, especially at the moment when Lauren is playing with them.

- The Mother's Day ornament that Lauren gave me last year. It's made from a CD disc with play jewels that dangle and hangs from one of the kitchen cabinets. Claire will reach for it and grab hold of the jewels each and every time she's within reach.

This evening Lauren caught Claire reaching under the lid of the toilet, I guess in an attempt to feel the water? Hopefully reaching for toilet water won't become one of her fascinations!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment