Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home grown bagels

I love that Lauren enjoys helping me in the garden. It's not a big area by any means, but it's ours and there's enough space to dig and play and get messy or just sit and hang out.

She's curious now about the names of the different flowers and tools and has done a good job of remembering most things.

This evening she wanted to help with watering. After we filled the watering can together she said, "Mummy, I want to water the bagel."

"The bagel?! We don't have bagels out here." I replied. Strange request but imagination runs wild at this age so anything's possible.

"I want to water the bagel." She insisted. Then I saw that she was headed straight for the potted herbs.

"Ooooohh, the basil. You mean baay-sil?"

"Yes." She said. "The basil."

1 comment:

  1. This evening I quizzed Lauren on the names of the herbs to see if she remembered the bagel correction.

    As I pointed to each pot she called out with confidence, "Oregano! Thyme! Bage-... Basil!"

    She's a quick study!

    ReplyDelete