Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The art of dinner conversation

Lauren has been keen about joining in on dinner conversation lately. Now she'll ask to participate which I take as a sign that she's maturing. In the not so distant past she would just whine or hum loudly to get our attention.

Yesterday C and I were discussing something when Lauren piped up "Mommy, talk to me!"

"OK", I said, "what do you want to talk about?"

"Let's talk about ice cream!"

This was amusing to me because she had started a conversation about ice cream the night before. I suppose ice cream talk never gets old. After we went around the table stating our favourite flavours it was time for another topic.

"Now lets talk about pizza!" She said. She very politely asked C and I what kind we liked then told us her preference. "My favourite is chocolate and chicken and meatball."

I doubt she would ever actually eat chocolate pizza with chicken and meat ball, but you never know with this kid, and it did make for interesting dinner conversation!

I wonder what we'll be talking about tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment