Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the road again

I rode my bike to work today after a two year hiatus. And it felt good!

Ok, it hasn’t quite been two years, but nearly. I’ve been itching to get out there again and I couldn’t take the wait any longer. The roads are clear, the temperature isn’t frigid, and there are tons of other cyclists on the road, so why not?

I’ve been meaning to do a road test for a few weeks now just to be sure the bike is road ready, but I haven’t gotten around to it. It did get a full tune up just before I stopped riding all that time ago so I figured it was fine and took a chance. Last night I pumped the tires and found my lock and helmet, this morning I dusted off the seat, and off I went! I gave myself a 50 minute lead for what is usually a 35 minute ride, just to ease myself back into routine and get my riding legs back. 8.92 km is a bit of a long haul at 7am after all.

Now as long as the rain stays away for the ride home, it will be a great first day back on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment