Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Little Miss Sunshine

Lauren is not a morning person. At least not at 6:30 in the am.

I can't blame her. I don't like getting up that early too, but if I want to be useful in getting us all ready and out of the house in time for work and daycare, I've got no choice.

C switched to an earleir work schedule at the beginning of the eyear and it's been an adjustment for all of us.  The toughest time was January when it looked just as dark outside when we woke up as it did when we went to bed.

The sky is getting lighter now, but it hasn't made moring wakings any easier. Yesterday I was greeted by screams of, "GO AWAY!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" as I tried to pull the covers off of her. I wasn't offended by this because I know firsthand that it's hard to be nice when all you want to do it sleep. I couldn't help but giggle as her little body flopped around frantically like a fish out of water as she tried to pull the covers back over herself.

This morning she clutched onto the covers before I could pull them down and punctuated her screams with "PLEASE!", which I thought was a nice touch. I have to commend her strategy, unfortunately manners don't count for much when we're on a tight deadline to get out of the house. 
Just 3 more weeks until spring. I'm hoping that the new season will bring a little more sunshine to our mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment