Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Planting bulbs

M came for a visit last weekend and helped me get the front garden in shape for the winter.

By "in shape" I mean weed pulling and bulb planting. The plan is for the bulbs to sleep sweetly this winter and come up looking fabulous in the spring. The garden was pretty much neglected this year due to high temperatures outdoors and child rearing (indoors and outdoors), so I'm getting a head start on making it look pretty for next year. We'll see how that goes.

We didn't get around to planting all the bulbs, so I hope to get he rest in tonight or tomorrow. M gave me some wild lily seeds that I'll sprinkle around as well. And when spring comes around again I'll visit the garden centres and pick a few more plants and flowers to complete the project.

I'm thinking bleeding heart for the back of the garden patch and a variety of plants that will last the season.

You wouldn't think that a 10x10 plot of dirt would take so much time and planning to look nice,  I know better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment