Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March on

March isn't my favourite month.

There, I said it. Apologies to those who celebrate birthdays or other significant milestones this time of year. I've tried to like it, it is the month of Spring after all, but in this part of the country it's dreary and damp and dirty and just drags on.

By March I just want winter to be done with already. There are a few breakthrough days when the sun shines and the temperature rises, but it's almost always just a tease as the temperature dips and the sun goes into hiding again the next day.

So what do I do to keep my spirits up? I keep an eye out for the simple things. Yesterday I was walking in the drizzling rain to pick up Claire from daycare and heard a bird chirping. It made me smile because it was the first chirping I've heard in a very long while. Today I was strolling through Canadian Tire and was pleased to see the bikes and camping gear and gardening supplies out on display. Count on retail stores to be ahead of the calendar. There were a few shelves of snow boots and other miscellaneous winter gear, but they'll be gone soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment