Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Baked

I'm going to bake a cherry pie today!

The girls and I picked some beautiful fresh cherries off a friend's tree last weekend so I'm feeling inspired. I make a mean apple pie so I'm sure I can do the cherries justice as well.

Come to think of it, the last few months that I've been home has been very productive in the kitchen. This is what I've baked up so far in single or several batches: chocolate zucchini muffins, chocolate chips cookies, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chip chick pea cookies, lemon loaf, cupcakes, peanut butter cookies, chewy raisin oatmeal cookies, banana loaf, apple oatmeal muffins, apple crumble, tapioca pudding.

The list will go on because I've been stashing away recipes for granola bars, puddings, and various chocolate and oatmeal inspired desserts. Maybe being home with the children has fired up the domestic instinct in me, or something...

To be honest, I like eating homemade treats, so what better way to keep up the supply that to keep baking!

It has crossed my mind to start a second career in baking and open a shop, but I hear it's tough. Really tough. Good quality ingredients are expensive and you need a steady stream of clients to keep business on track. Maybe I'll give it a crack when I have "more time" on my hands.

For now I'll keep on baking in my kitchen for my own enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment